Eric C. Mettenbrink is a commercial banking and real estate attorney with an emphasis in business defense, breach of contract claims, commercial lease disputes, financial litigation and title disputes.
Eric’s representative experience includes representation of national and regional financial institutions, businesses, real estate developers and individuals in a broad area of litigation matters including banking, Uniform Commercial Code, Truth in Lending Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, lender liability, arbitration matters, commercial law, bankruptcy claims, consumer rights, lien disputes, Deceptive Trade Practices Act, Debt Collection Practices Act, fraud, usury, contract disputes, foreclosure defense, commercial lease disputes, probate matters, collaboration agreements and general business disputes.
Licensed to practice in Texas state, federal and bankruptcy courts, Eric received his undergraduate degree from the University of Texas and his law degree from the University of Houston.
Eric is a member of the Texas Association of Bank Counsel, Christian Legal Society, Texas Volunteer Lawyers Program, Texas Accountants and Lawyers for the Arts, Houston Bar Association, Texas Bar Association and the Garland R. Walker American Inn of Court.
- Dispute regarding availability of arbitration between customer and financial institutions. McAden v. MBNA America Bank, 2008 WL 190056, (Tex.App.—Hous. (14 Dist.) January 24, 2008);
- General defense to fraudulent claims against financial institution. Greer v. Harmon Stores, Inc., 2009 WL 7804572, (S.D.Tex. June 03, 2009);
- Dispute regarding authorization to control social security funds of incapacitated individuals. Booker v. Bank of America, N.A., 2010 WL 3222422, (Tex.App.—Dallas August 17, 2010);
- Probate dispute regarding debt discharge due to heir succession dispute. Bank of America v. Hill, 2010 WL 4324436, (Tex.App.—Texarkana November 03, 2010); and
- Home equity dispute between customer and financial institution. Kelso v. CIT Group/Consumer Finance, Inc., 2005 WL 3118182, (Tex.App.—Houston (1st Dist.) November 23, 2005.
- Texas Association of Bank Counsel
- Christian Legal Society
- Texas Volunteer Lawyers Program
- Texas Accountants and Lawyers for the Arts – Pro Bono
- Houston Bar Association
- Chair of Historical Committee 2018-2019
- Lawyers for a Beautiful Houston Committee 2017-2018
- Texas Bar Association
- Garland R. Walker American Inn of Court
- Second Baptist Church – Deacon, Prayer Ministry, Bible Study Class Director of Discipleship