Gavin Parker provides incisive legal counsel built on broad practice experience and a stellar financial education.
Gavin’s practice focuses on real estate and business transactions. He has successfully negotiated diversified transactions including complex real estate acquisitions and dispositions, leases, stock and asset transactions, loans, entity formation and structuring, easements, restrictive covenants, and 1031 exchanges.
Prior to joining Hirsch & Westheimer, Gavin clerked for the District Court of Lancaster County, Nebraska and practiced at BoyarMiller in Houston. He graduated “With Distinction” from Nebraska Law and earned his B.S. from Brigham Young University’s top national rated accounting program. He is a Houston native and is proficient in Russian.
Gavin is licensed to practice law in Texas and the District of Columbia.
Real Estate Acquisitions and Dispositions
- Bought and financed a 17-acre multi-family complex for $51mm through a Freddie Mac lender
- Bought and financed a multi-family complex with 18 buildings for $52mm through Compass Bank
- Bought and financed a multi-family complex in North Carolina for $49mm through a Freddie Mac lender
- Bought urban high-rise complex for $33mm for condo conversion; obtained primary/mezz funding totaling $71mm
- Bought office building for $40mm with complex title and restrictive covenant issues
- Sold a 14-acre warehouse tract for $33mm as part of a reverse and forward 1031 exchange
- Bought a 159-acre tract of raw land for $22mm for development into a large distribution center
- Sold a 625-acre tract of a master-planned community to a national homebuilder
- Represent a publicly traded REIT as landlord for its Texas retail, office and warehouse leases
- Represented various shopping center landlords and tenants for their commercial leases
Asset and Stock Transactions
- Sold hospital complex, including its assets and 51% equity, for over $200mm
- Sold assets of oil-field services company for more than $60mm
- Sold membership units of oil-field services company
- Sold Ophthalmologist practice
- Acquired two multi-state flooring companies
- Acquired multiple stores for grocery store chain
- Represented national lender in extending multiple loans
- Assisted in obtaining various senior and subordinated debt financings for real estate purchases
- Represented a distribution company in extending multi-million dollar loans to its customers
- Refinanced a $64mm loan with financial institution for office building
Entity Formation and Structuring
- Formed and dissolved an array of business entities and negotiated various organizational documents